Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Apology and Explanation for Absence


An apology for my absence, an explanation, and a discussion of where this blog goes in the near future.

I would like to first say that I thank each and every one of you who has contacted me through the last few months, and especially in the last few weeks, asking about new content on the Good Gaming Blog.  I also thank those who, after hearing what has been going on, have sent well wishes for my hopeful continuance of work on this project.

Around four months ago I suffered an injury falling down and hitting my head.  Though the injury seemed to be minor it has since gone further, causing troubles with motor function, word choice, and general ability to be useful to the community at large.  I was able to go through with sporadic posts and the assistance of someone typing up my notes until shortly after my post discussing my new blog covering obscure and odd Omegle Questions.  In the last weeks my condition has deteriorated making walking and typing difficult, though I have been able to recover a large amount of my faculty for speech.  I am currently going through a period of unemployment, and hope to get everything resolved in the near future.  I am 'simulcasting' this post to several locations to allow for users who have been looking for me to know what is going on, and allowing the person who has helped me to generate this statement to distribute it to anyone who may need anything.

Rest assured that I have been gathering notes, through the help of a friend who has proven invaluable in the last few months since my initial injury, and will be looking forward to posting more new Folklore Fridays, work on Modern, Science Fiction, and Fantasy settings, and even some new articles on the Economy of D&D.  In fact, the person who is assisting me has probably become tiresome over the fact that my difficulty with typing (and new lack of a functioning speech-to-text system), has made their life a living Hell.

Again, I thank you for your patience during this trying time, and hope to get back to being a meaningful contributor to our discussions on this blog and forums around the Net.  If you wish to speak to me in regards to anything you may contact me directly at my email, which is my name on the forum/blog @ gmail.com.


As Always,

Good Gaming.

Slainte,

-Loonook.
.